Subject: network rendering
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 95 02:30:00 UTC

Reply:  Item #3338492 from [email-masked]@INET#
 
I attended the NewTek-U classes held in Boston on the 10th and 11th
of July. The NewTek instructors state that the Amiga version of 4.1
Lightwave/Modeler does have the formula translation functions
included.
 
Another interesting tidbit, the ARexx macros have ALL been converted
to compiled "C" programs, and are included in all non-Amiga versions
as plug-ins.
 
They also stated that 4.1 will be the official release of software
for the Flyer, with that version shipping as 4.0 for the non-Flyer
versions. Same features, same time line, just no Flyer hardware.
 
I asked the folks from NewTek about the TBC they were building for
the Flyer, and was told that they may not be selling it as an option
for the Amiga/Flyer. Turns out it is the miracle worker allowing
Toaster operation for the PC without the Amiga custom chips (the
box). This card does alot of things though, allowing the new Toaster
to output all effects in PAL format.
 
The bad news: The instructors didn't think "Glow" would make it into
the final version of 4.1.
 
[email-masked]
--
[email-masked] sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]